Switching Regulator 1 (5V 1 Amp)
An example of a general-purpose regulator is Motorola’s MC1723. It can be used as switching regulator. Because of its flexibilities, it has become a standard type in the electronics industry. Although It is designed to deliver load current to 150 mA, the current capability can be increased to several amperes through the use of one or more external pass transistors. Figure of circuit shows the connection for switching-regulator action of the 723-type regulator for positive output. The switchning regulator requires an external transistor and a 1-mH choke. To minimize its power dissipation during switching, the external transistor used most be a switching power transistor. The 1-mH choke smooth’s out the current pulse delivered to the load , while capacitor C holds output voltage is a constant dc level.
Resistors (all ¼-watt, ± 5% Carbon)
R1 = 100 Ω
R2 = 2.2 kΩ
R3, R4 = 1 MΩ
R5 = 5.1 kΩ
R6 = 10 Ω
C1 = 0.1 µF
C2 = 100 µF
IC1 = MC1723
Q1 = Transistor 2N4918 or equivalent
D1 = Diode 1N4001 or equivalent
L1 = Inductor 1-mH
- Full Featured Touch Control Programmable Power Supply Full touch control variable power supply.
- Over Voltage Protector protect electrical appliance from over voltage.
- Power Supply for Integrated Circuit ICs and Microprocessor power supply presented in this section will have ±5 and ±15 V.
- Ripple Free Short Circuit Protected Variable Output Voltage and Current Power Supply variable voltage and current power supply (0V – 25V and 60mA – 1500mA) having unique features
- D.C. to D.C. Converter converts 6-V DC to 12-V DC without using transformer and easy to construct