Infrared Remote Controller
Infrared remote controller in this website is second infrared (IR) based project used readily available components. As in previous infrared (IR) remote controller also comprises the transmitter and receiver sections. The range of the transmitter can be increased up to 5 meter by using convex lens.
Circuit Description of infrared (IR) remote controller
Transmitter section: - The transmitter circuit of infrared (IR) remote controller is built around IC 741 (IC1) wired as frequency square wave oscillator. Gate pulse from pin no 6 of IC1 is given to gate of SCR1 to drive IR LED1. Variable resistor VR1 is used to vary the generated frequencies.
Receiver Section: - The receiver circuit of infrared (IR) remote controller consist an IC 741, photo transistor (T1) and medium power transistor (T2).
Photo transistor receives the transmitted signal and given to pin 2 of IC2 for amplification. The amplified output from pin 6 of IC2 is given to base of relay driver transistor (T2) through non-polarized capacitor C5, diode D1 and resistor R8. Variable resistor VR1 is used to match the transmitting and receiving signal.
Resistors (all ¼-watt, ± 5% Carbon)
R1,R2 = 100 KΩ
R3, R5, R8 = 1 KΩ
R4 = 15 Ω
R6 = 22 KΩ
R7 = 10 MΩ
VR1 = 1 MΩ
VR2 = 2.2 MΩ
C1, C3, C4 = 0.1 µF
C2 = 1 µF/100V
C5 = 2.2 µF/16V
IC1, IC2 = 741
SCR1 = SN050
T1 = photo transistor
T2 = SL100
D1, D2 = 1N4001
RL1 = 15V, 500Ω Relay
- Infrared Remote Controller Switch simple infrared controller switch verified project on IR based.
- Direction Indicator useful project in any ceremony, party etc. to indicate places like bathroom
- LED Based Reading Lamp provide sufficient light for reading purpose which consume very low power
- Multi-Switch Controlled Relay control circuit for relay which could very useful to control appliance with multi switch.
- Duty Cycle Selector duty cycle varied from 10% to 90% in different 9 steps in the difference of 10%