Here is a circuit of bass booster, boosts the beat frequency without effect the high frequency of the music. Bass booster is useful for those who want to hear music with some deep bass.
Circuit description of bass booster
This entire circuit bass booster is build and fabricated around a npn transistor and operational amplifier. Bass booster is divided into two major sections: One section is to bypass higher frequencies and another section is booster section.
The input signal from preamplifier circuit is given to input point of bass booster where higher frequencies will pass through capacitor C1 and lower frequencies through R1. IC1 is used to boost the lower frequencies. Variable resistor VR2 is used to control the boosting level. Switch SW1 is given here is used to remove boosting effect. Output from bass booster is fed to power amplifier section.
Any overloading at output can be controlled by adjusting variable resistor VR1.
NOTE: Grounding should be done perfectly to avoid any distortion.
Resistors (all ¼-watt, ± 5% Carbon)
R1 = 150 KΩ
R2 = 680 Ω
R3 = 100 KΩ
R4 = 220 KΩ
R5 = 10 Ω
R6 = 2.2 KΩ
VR1 = 1KΩ
VR2 = 10 KΩ
C1, C2, C3 = 0.01 µF
C4 = 10 µF/16V
C5, C6 = 10 µF/12V
IC1 = µA751
T1 = BC148
SW1 = ON/Off switch
- Signal Booster Short Wave Radio convert the old valve radio into a power pack receiver
- Audio Amplifier For Portable Radio Receiver alternative of the complicated audio amplifier circuit for portable radio receiver
- Stereo Simulator Stereo simulator is used to separate monaural signal between two channels for passing higher and lower frequency
- Triangular Wave Generator generate triangular wave with maximum peak level (VMAX) and minimum peak level (VMIN)
- 70/40 Watts Hi-Fi Amplifierworld best Hi-Fi amplifier you may never have to replace by a better one