Different wave generator circuit is used troubleshoot electronics circuit. We have already published different type of wave generator. Now, Here is a circuit of advanced triangular wave generator for generating triangular wave with maximum peak level (VMAX) and minimum peak level (VMIN) in order to overcome the limitation of changing frequency with changing frequency with change in the value of generated waves.
Circuit descriptions of advanced triangle wave generator
The whole circuit of triangle wave generator is build around quad operational amplifier IC TL048 (IC2) and analogue multiplexer IC CD4053. IC1 is separated as A1, A2, A3 and A4 functioning as differential amplifier, integrator, buffer amplifier and comparator respectively.
The two reference voltage is given from analogue multiplexer to differential amplifier A1. The output voltage V1 = -(VMAX – VMIN) from A1 is given to A2 for integration. When the integrated output of A2 having positive slope it exceeds the level VMAX and the comparator output (output from A4) goes negative. Similarly, when the integrated output of A2 having negative slope comparator output (output from A4) goes positive.
Formula for calculation time period of oscillation of triangle wave generator
At time t1, output goes from the initial value VMIN to final value VMAX.
VMAX = VMIN + (V1/RC2).t1
Where R = VR3 + R5
t1 = VMAX – VMIN.RC2/V1
But the output of differential amplifier is Triangular wave generator
Therefore, t1 = RC2
At time t2, output goes from initial value VMAX to final value VMIN.
Therefore, VMIN = VMAX – (V1/RC2).t2
Therefore, t2 = (VMAX – VMIN).RC2/2
Again V1 = (VMAX - VMIN)
Therefore, t2 = RC2
From above calculation, time period of oscillation is
T = t1 + t2 = 2RC2
and is independent of the peak value set. The oscillation range is 50 Hz to 5 KHz.
Resistors (all ¼-watt, ~+mn~ 5% Carbon)
R1, R2, R3, R4 = 10 KΩ
R5, R7, R8, R9, R10, R11 = 1 KΩ
R6 = 47 KΩ
VR1, VR2 = 10 KΩ
VR3 = 100 KΩ
C1, C2, C3 = 0.1 µF
IC1 = CD4053 (analogue multiplexer IC)
IC2 (A1, A2, A3 A4) = TL084 (quad operational amplifier)
D1 = 1N4148
- Bass Booster boosts the beat frequency without effect the high frequency of the music
- Signal Booster Short Wave Radio convert the old valve radio into a power pack receiver
- Audio Amplifier For Portable Radio Receiver alternative of the complicated audio amplifier circuit for portable radio receiver
- Stereo Simulator Stereo simulator is used to separate monaural signal between two channels for passing higher and lower frequency
- Simple FM TransmitterTransmit noise free F.M. signal in the wide range up to 100 M using only one transistor
- 70/40 Watts Hi-Fi Amplifier world best Hi-Fi amplifier you may never have to replace by a better one